Return to Goal setting 101 for sustainable operations
Flex materiality assessment: methodology and key steps
- Select and refine topics.
- Select and interview stakeholders.
- Synthesize and document.
- Assess environmental, social, and governance topics from various frameworks (see list below).
- Identify topics with the greatest potential for impact and importance to your business and stakeholders.
- Select internal and external stakeholders representing a wide range of functions, geographies and sectors.
- Engage stakeholders to source input through in-depth interviews.
- Analyze responses from stakeholders to determine material priorities.
- Develop an approach to integrating material topics into our sustainability program.
Discovery: material issues
Survey these widely adopted frameworks to understand the key materiality issues to focus and report on:
Don’t forget to check out the sustainability reports issued by your peers.