Explore similar content:Sustainability
With over a decade of investment and experience in sustainability, we apply an accountable, ethical approach to everything we do. We embrace opportunities to build a healthier, cleaner, more equitable world.
We drive disciplined practices to address the broader environmental and social challenges of our world, advance the well-being and representation of our people, and lead with integrity throughout the value chain.
By 2030, in partnership with our customers and suppliers, we are committed to:
- Significantly lowering emissions through science-based targets.
- Investing in our communities.
- Making safety, inclusion and diversity our top priority as we manage our workforce.
- Driving environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG)-compliant practices with transparency.
Our sustainability framework and 2030 goals
Continuing our purpose-driven journey, we’ve set new, long-term sustainability goals through 2030 against a refreshed framework centered on our world, our people and our approach and spanning nine pillars.
We're focused on driving sustainability activities and actions across our framework through the following specific, measurable long-term goals with more to come.
1. Commit to setting science-based targets and reducing by 50% absolute scope 1 and 2 market-based GHG emissions by 2030 (2019 base year).
2. Commit to certifying all manufacturing operations with ISO14001 by 2030.
3. Commit to having 75% of employees volunteer annually by 2025 and 100% by 2030.
4. Commit to 100% of our locations partner with a local NGO by 2025.
Health and safety
5. Commit to reducing total case incident rate (TCIR) to below 0.2 by 2030.
6. Commit to certifying all manufacturing operations with ISO 45001 by 2030.
7. Commit to certifying all manufacturing operations with ‘RBA factory of choice’ by 2030.
Inclusion & diversity (I&D)
- Goals under development
8. Commit to partnering with 70% of our customers measured by emissions covering purchased goods and services, capital goods, and use of sold products, to set science-based targets and report annual emissions by 2026.
9. Commit that 50% of our ‘Preferred Suppliers’ will set their own GHG emissions reduction targets by 2025 and 100% by 2030.
10. Be independently evaluated as having a world-class ethics and compliance program by 2025.
11. Continue to maintain high (top quartile) governance standards as measured by investors, proxy advisory firms, and governance best practices.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) Alignment
Through our long-term commitments and everyday actions, we support and strive to advance four UN SDGs, including #3 Good Health and Well-being, #8 Decent Work and Economic Growth, #10 Reduced Inequalities and #13 Climate Action.
Sustainability is in our DNA
We are committed to meeting these goals. Our aim is to make a tangible, measurable difference within and beyond our operations, and for all stakeholders -- customers, suppliers, employees and investors – to proudly partner with us on the journey to a more sustainable future. And in the process, we’ll continue to make products that improve the world and enable market-leading brands to maintain a competitive, enduring advantage.