Strengthening Supply Chain and Community Through Supplier Diversity
At Flex, we identify and enable minority-owned suppliers to qualify and successfully compete for our business based on merit. These relationships result in suppliers participating further in the economic mainstream, which ensures a stronger U.S. supplier base for the future.
Operating in thriving communities allows us to compete on a global scale. By helping local minority suppliers enter the economic mainstream, we improve the economic stability and vitality of those communities.
We strive to increase the use of minority suppliers in a manner consistent with our customer satisfaction policy and in accordance with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards.
The following actions shall apply:
- Identify, assist and develop minority suppliers to become qualified suppliers to Flex.
- Encourage purchases from minority suppliers, particularly in communities where we have a presence.
- Conduct formal and timely reviews of progress against our own minority procurement goals.
Criteria, Requirements and Guidelines
To be considered as a Flex Auto Diversity Supplier
A business must be for-profit; 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by a minority, woman, U.S. military veteran(s) with U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status; and have the ability to transact business.
The business must be physically located in the U.S. (or trust territories) or Canada and be certified, maintained and updated on an annual basis as a minority - or woman-owned, veteran-owned business by one of the following certifying organizations:
In assessing potential suppliers, we look for the following attributes:
- Excellence in quality systems
- Cost competitiveness
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- On-time delivery
- Proper and up-to-date certifications for production suppliers
- Financial stability
- Capacity for growth
- Ethics and integrity in business
- Compliance with Flex contractual terms and conditions
We are members of the following organizations devoted to promoting diversity in business:
Register to be an Automotive Diversity Supplier