NEXTracker designs, manufactures, builds and services the world’s most advanced single-axis solar trackers. By establishing a partnership with SmartNexus, the solar tracking company ensured market necessities, such as securing connections between the trackers and the cloud, would be adhered to. Ultimately, the partnership allowed the solar tracking solutions company to focus on what they do best.
While NEXTracker is a leader in its industry, the solar tracking solutions company lacked the infrastructure to securely collect and manage data to and from the solar fields. Building out these important features in-house was strongly considered. But the four-year-old company was focused on successfully scaling and growing quickly.
Knowledgeable, responsive. The Flex team gave us confidence they would deliver.- Allan Daly, NEXTracker, Vice President of Software
Installing secure connections between NEXTracker’s solar trackers and its cloud data center was a market imperative. But the time and effort required to develop a device and data management solution in-house jeopardized the achievement of primary development initiatives.
NEXTracker used SmartNexus to implement the bi-directional pipeline needed to deliver data to and from the trackers securely through the internet. A trusted partnership—SmartNexus—enabled the client to focus on what they do best.
Deployment of secure bi-directional communications plus over-the-air (OTA) software updates provides significant value to NEXTracker, including cost reductions, unparalleled reliability, improved productivity—and competitive advantage.
- Maximize resources. The partnership let NEXTracker concentrate on enhancement of its core product.
- Address security concerns. SmartNexus testing, backup and recovery capabilities—as well as encryption for data in motion and data at rest— protect NEXTracker and its customers.
- Prove compliance. SmartNexus meets all industry requirements, including North American Electric Reliability Corporation—Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP), from day one.
- Save time, effort. Software updates and maintenance in the solar fields are managed remotely.
- Leverage a gold-standard approach. Secure IoT solutions and best practice methodologies drive efficiency