SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Flex (NASDAQ: FLEX), the Sketch-to-Scale® solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world, has released its 2015 Global Citizenship Report. This report summarizes Flex worldwide social and environmental activities, performance and results for calendar year 2014.
Select highlights from the report include:
- Logged 55,871 employee volunteer hours globally, equivalent to an investment of US$1.2 million
- Achieved CO2 emissions intensity goal: 26% reduction over five years
- Released new global policies and trainings, including the new Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Trained more than 275 suppliers on EICC® requirements
- Successfully implemented the Flex Integrated CSER Management System (Flex Pledge 2.0) at all sites
"Operating with a sustainable approach to business is essential to our company's success," said
, President of Global Operations and Components at Flex. "Having a foundation of good corporate citizenship strengthens the relationship we have with all of our stakeholders across the globe. We believe our efforts to build a smarter, more connected world also help to create a more sustainable future. This report highlights the progress we have made over the last year."
Moving forward, Flex will release these reports semiannually.
For more information, follow us on Twitter @Flexintl