Flex Wins 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award for Sustainability
Frost & Sullivan Manufacturing Leadership Council honors Flex for manufacturing excellence and sustainability leadership
San Jose, CA – March 15, 2018 – Flex (NASDAQ:FLEX), the Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World™, today announced that it has been honored as a 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Awards winner for its outstanding achievement in Sustainability Leadership.
Flex was recognized for the exceptional results the company achieved during its 2017 Earth Day campaign, which engaged employees to reduce their environmental impact within their local communities. Flex employees implemented more than 260 initiatives simultaneously over two weeks, and approximately 80,000 employees from manufacturing/logistics sites, design centers and offices participated in this global effort spanning 21 countries. The Earth Day Challenge also supported Flex’s 20 by 2020 sustainable development goals, which reflect the company’s long-term commitment to the highest standards around corporate citizenship, community and environment.
During the 2017 Earth Day Challenge:
- 2,600 employees learned about environmental topics such as recycling and global warming
- 1,400 vehicles were replaced by alternative methods of transportation including carpooling, walking, public transportation and biking
- 31,000 kgs of additional waste was diverted from landfills through recycling
- 2,500 + employees cleaned beaches, rivers, streets and parks
Flex will be recognized at the 14th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala, which is to be held on the last day of the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, June 11-13, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa in Huntington Beach, CA.
Nominations for the 2019 Manufacturing Leadership Awards will open in September 2018.
- 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award Winners
- About the 14th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit
- About the Manufacturing and Leadership Council
- About Frost and Sullivan
- Connect with Flex via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
About the Manufacturing Leadership Awards
The Manufacturing Leadership Awards, now in their 14th year, honor manufacturing companies and individual manufacturing leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Winning projects and individual manufacturing leaders have demonstrated achievement in one of a wide range of categories, and are chosen by a panel of expert judges for results that have delivered clear and compelling value, return on investment, and other tangible outcomes. There will be several winners in each category, including one High Achiever’s Award in each category, as well as a 2018 Manufacturer of the Year for both small and large enterprises. Also unveiled at the Gala will be the ML Awards Manufacturing Leader of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award winners.
The theme for the 14th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit is “Accelerating the Transformation to Manufacturing 4.0.” The event enables senior-level executives in all aspects of manufacturing an opportunity to network with and learn from the best minds in the industry.
For more information on the Manufacturing Leadership Awards or the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, please go to www.mlsummit.com.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Frost & Sullivan’s “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to their clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes their 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as their global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, Frost & Sullivan has been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. https://www.frost.com.
About Flex Ltd.
Flex is the Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World™. With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information, visit flex.com or follow us on Twitter @flexintl. Flex – Live Smarter™