How to Bring Smart Products to Market
Business leaders who are designing and developing smart products for the Intelligence of Things™ (IoT) encounter a complex environment, one that is populated by more than 200 vendors, each claiming they can deliver on the promise of connectivity. To navigate this terrain, leaders are quickly discovering that it takes an in-depth understanding of IoT coupled with the awareness of common pitfalls and challenges. Determining the right IoT approach—whether multi-partner or end-to-end—is essential to successfully bringing smart products to market.
Understanding IoT’s Interconnections
Today’s IoT ecosystem is populated by a multitude of players, each with limited or overlapping capabilities and the ability to provide only a partial solution to IoT needs. Leaders who assemble a team of these disparate vendors must consider how to manage various services while keeping costs low and maintaining the needed speed to market.
Keeping multi-partner pitfalls in mind
The risks for a CIO, CTO, CFO or CPO taking a cobbled to approach IoT are significant:
- Unanticipated Expense. Whether due to lack of pricing transparency among vendors selected, unforeseen management expenses, or over-commitment to a system too complex to maintain, IoT buyers are learning the high cost of using multiple vendors the hard way.
- Infrastructure Constraints. Launching an IoT initiative is a complex, resource-intensive process that stretches the underpinnings of an organization. Internal team members can become distracted and lose focus on core responsibilities, and it’s often difficult to source resources to bridge the gap.
- Lost Opportunities. Delays, interruptions and inherent start/stops strain budgets and ratchet up pressure on your IT and product management groups. They also cause companies to miss their market window—and lose a competitive edge.
Why end-to-end adds up
Flex offers a viable alternative to working with a piecemeal mix of supporting vendors. Devices, connectivity, management, applications, they’re all included as part of the Flex Sketch-to-Scale™ solution. We deliver all the services provided by platform providers, system integrators, cloud vendors, business intelligence vendors, specialist agencies, service providers, consultants and analytics firms—with none of the drawbacks.
With a single IoT partner, buyers get everything they need to turn IoT ideas into globally distributed solutions:
- Strategy. A strategic roadmap from idea through implementation—including device manufacturing—with central program oversight services is included.
- Security. State-of-the-art security and risk audits protect customers (and their customers) against privacy invasion and other threats while maintaining data integrity.
- Compliance. Built-in adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements for key verticals saves development time and provides peace of mind.
- Customization. With 80 percent of IoT-enablement built in and 20 percent configurable for unique requirements, we make it easy to tailor IoT solutions for your business or industry.
- Efficiency. The physical device and digital experience are built and optimized simultaneously so overall product development time is significantly streamlined.
- Speed-to-Market. Services across the spectrum are provided by a cohesive team of experts so you bring IoT solutions to customers faster, with more confidence.
From design, through development, to global delivery, our proven capabilities span the IoT value chain. We help you navigate today’s complex, multifaceted IoT ecosystem by providing the expertise, infrastructure, and resources you need to deliver smart solutions that enrich customers' lives.
Find out how NEXTracker, the #1 ranked solar tracking device company in North America, successfully navigated the IoT value chain by partnering with Flex.
Contact us for more information on what it takes to win in today’s complex, multi-faceted IoT ecosystem.