Industry-leading solar tracking device company relies on SmartNexus by Flex for secure data exchange
NEXTracker designs, manufactures, builds and services the world’s most advanced single-axis solar trackers. By establishing a partnership with SmartNexus, the solar tracking company ensured market necessities, such as securing connections between the trackers and the cloud, would be adhered to. Ultimately, the partnership allowed the solar tracking solutions company to focus on what they do best.
“Knowledgeable, responsive. The Flex team gave us confidence they would deliver.”
Allan Daly, NEXTracker, Vice President of Software
• Maximize resources - NEXTracker can concentrate on the enhancement of its core product.
• Address security concerns - Flex testing, backup and recovery capabilities that protect NEXTracker and its customers.
• Prove compliance - Flex SmartNexus platform met all industry requirements, including North American Electric Reliability Corporation–Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP).
• Save time & effort - Software updates and maintenance in the solar fields are managed remotely.
• Leverage a gold-standard approach - Secure IoT solutions and best practice methodologies drive efficiency.
What influenced the buying decision?
While NEXTracker is a leader in its industry, the solar tracking solutions company lacked the infrastructure to securely collect and manage data to and from the solar fields.
Building out these important features in-house was strongly considered. But the four-year-old company was focused on successfully scaling and growing quickly.
This initiative was something Flex could label as “been there, done that,” which allowed NEXTracker to maximize productivity in more advanced areas.
Learn more about why Flex is the single partner you need for creating smart and connected products.
“When we look for partners in a big technical endeavor, we are looking for partners who can free us—who can take care of issues that don’t make sense for us to spend time on,” said Daly. “Flex has shown they can give us the freedom we need to be a more responsive long term.”