FLEX RECRUITMENT NOTICE
PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY (“California Resident”)
Flex International USA, Inc. of 6201 America Center, San Jose, CA, USA, and all other Flex group companies (hereafter Flex) takes its obligations to protect privacy and personal information very seriously.
Contact details: Your personal information is collected by Flex Int ("we"/"us"/"our"). You can contact us at . If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the use of your personal information or this Recruitment Notice, you can contact our Data Privacy Officer at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information Collected: We collect, the information below about you during the recruitment process. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we will not be able to progress your application.
Information provided in your curriculum vitae, application form, covering letter and during the interview process including: your name, date of birth, age, gender, home address, personal email address, education, qualification and work experience details, and references.
- Information collected or created by us during the recruitment process including interview notes, test scores and correspondence between us.
- Information about criminal convictions: we carry out background checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Special categories of personal data including: Racial and ethnic origin information [and information relating to disabilities, religious beliefs or sexual orientation], physical or mental health information and immigration/naturalization records (if this discloses racial/ethnic origin information).
Sources of Information: This information is either (a) provided by you; (b) obtained from third parties through the application and recruitment process; (c) obtained from public sources, such as LinkedIn, or (d) created by use in the course of the recruitment process.
How we use personal information: We use your personal information in support of the recruitment process, to assess and make a decision about your suitability for a role, to communicate with you, for the candidate experience survey and to carry out reference checks. We will also use your information to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Why we use personal information: We will use the information collected from you because:
- it is necessary for us to do so before entering into an employment relationship with you;
- we need to process your information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- because we (or a third party acting at our direction and to support our business processes) have a legitimate interest to: (a) ensure the effective administration and management of the recruitment process; (b) ensure we hire a suitable individual for a role; (c) deal with disputes and accidents and take legal or other professional advice; (d) ascertain your fitness to work; and (e) evaluate our recruitment process via a candidate experience survey.
How we use special category personal information: We will process your special categories of personal data (1) to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments for any disabilities during the recruitment process; (2) for equality monitoring purposes; or (3) to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
Why we use special category personal information: We will use special categories of personal data collected about you because: (1) you have provided your explicit written consent;(2) we need to do so to carry out our legal obligations; (3) it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense or legal claims in relation to court cases; [(4) there is a substantial public interest;] (5) it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else's interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent.
Information about criminal convictions: As part of the recruitment process we carry out criminal background checks. We use these checks (1) to assess your suitability for a regulated role; (2) to protect your interests, our interests and third-party interests; (3) because it is necessary in relation to legal claims. We are allowed to use your personal information in this way where it is necessary to carry out our employment rights and obligations and we will always process your data in accordance with applicable local law.
Information that we share: We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: (1) employment agencies, (2) background check and online test providers, and (3) regulators and competent authorities. We will also share personal information within our corporate group for the purposes of administration, accounting and reporting purposes. Your personal information is not shared for any purpose other than the support of Flex’s business interests, and Flex’s service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for their own purposes. Flex does not sell personal data, and it has not done so in the past twelve (12) months.
Retention of your information: We will retain your personal data for the duration of the recruitment process and for the length of any applicable limitation period for claims which might be brought against us later.